After reading the various versions on the history of St. Valentine and Valentine's Day, the one that appeals to me the most is the article titled "Valentine's Day". The other articles were not my preference, and "Valentine's day", in my opinion, just won the spot for the best. When I was reading the other articles, I noticed that each had good facts, and was of course interesting, but each was not surrounding what I picture when I imagine Valentine’s day. I was not really interested in the dark times of valentine's day, the origins, and I really was not interested in knowing that this day isn't what we make it seem to be. There are many stories surrounding the day, for example, in one of the articles it discussed that the day could originate from the day 2 men got executed from a king. This was ruthless, but this is a topic that is broad, and can be considered unarguable, because nobody really knows where the love filled day is really from. With that being said, “Valentine’s day” is my favorite article, just because I like the day that it's made out to be. The article had a few historical facts, but it wasn’t saturated in depression, and it outlined the main concept of valentine's day.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog